Kitchen Club Kids® Speedy Beef Stroganoff
Get the kids involved at an early age, and start cooking up a healthy appreciation for the foods they eat!
Here are some great ideas to keep your little one engaged in the kitchen while you both prepare Kitchen Club Kids® Speedy Beef Stroganoff:
- Count the two types of mushrooms. See how many make up ½ lb.
- Prep the mushrooms by having kids help clean of any dirt off
- Talk about where to mushrooms grow? Do they know of other varieties?
- With careful supervision, older kids can help stir the pot with each new ingredient added.
- Talk about the texture and smell of each ingredient added.
- Once the pasta has cooked and been drained, kids can help add the butter and stir the warm pasta in a large bowl.
- Once the recipe has finished cooking and cools, carefully let them taste it to discuss the flavors.
Rediscovering our kitchens and introducing healthy foods at an early age are keys to reversing the trend of childhood obesity in America. For all of you parents out there who are looking for a more defined, step-by-step way to introduce your toddlers to healthy foods and cooking fun, you can always check out the Kitchen Club Kids® recipe-adventure storybooks. Each story introduces a real recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber. So, whether you’re reading with your child before mealtime or before bedtime, Kitchen Club Kids turns story time into a culinary, learning adventure.
Teaching your children how to cook is a lifetime skill that can be perfected well into adulthood! It’s never too early to start eating healthy and thinking about healthy food choices. Make it part of your daily life.
Kitchen Club Kids, Healthy Eating, Recipes for Kids, Fun Kitchen Activities for Children!