Kitchen Club Kids® Simply Delicious Guacamole
Get the kids involved at an early age, and start cooking up a healthy appreciation for the foods they eat!
Here are some great ideas to keep your little one engaged in the kitchen while you both prepare Kitchen Club Kids® Simply Delicious Guacamole:
- Identify each ingredient by name.
- Talk about the colors of each ingredient and final product.
- Ask child to name all the colors they see when making recipe.
- Have child help mash the avocados and mix the guacamole.
- Ask child what are some other items that are the same color of the ingredients.
- Talk about where the ingredients come from:
- Tomatoes grow on a vine in a garden.
- Avocados grow on a tree in tropical or subtropical climate.
- Cilantro is a herb and can be grown in a home garden or large one.
- Talk about the health benefits of fresh vegetables found in guacamole:
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants. Learn more about tomatoes here.
- Avocados = superfood. Eating avocados can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Learn more about avocados here from healthambition.com.
- Cilantro is a natural cleansing agent. Learn more about cilantro here.
Rediscovering our kitchens and introducing healthy foods at an early age are keys to reversing the trend of childhood obesity in America. For all of you parents out there who are looking for a more defined, step-by-step way to introduce your toddlers to healthy foods and cooking fun, you can always check out the Kitchen Club Kids® recipe-adventure storybooks. Each story introduces a real recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber. So, whether you’re reading with your child before mealtime or before bedtime, Kitchen Club Kids turns story time into a culinary, learning adventure.
Teaching your children how to cook is a lifetime skill that can be perfected well into adulthood! It’s never too early to start eating healthy and thinking about healthy food choices. Make it part of your daily life.
Kitchen Club Kids, Healthy Eating, Recipes for Kids, Fun Kitchen Activities for Children!