Kitchen Club Kids® Herbie Chicken Bake
Get the kids involved at an early age, and start cooking up a healthy appreciation for the foods they eat!
Here are some great ideas to keep your little one engaged in the kitchen while you both prepare Kitchen Club Kids® Herbie Chicken Bake:
- Count all the different vegetables in the recipe. Ask them what number they come up with.
- See if child can name each vegetable and identify the color of each.
- See if they can find similar colors around the kitchen.
- Child can help wash carrots and celery. They can gather herbs from your garden! So, if you don’t have a backyard or home garden, you should. The kids will love it.
- Talk about the taste of lemons- are they tart, sweet? Give it a taste!
- Talk about the other textures of the vegetables like carrots and celery being crunchy.
- For the older kids, practice spelling some of the ingredients out loud.
Rediscovering our kitchens and introducing healthy foods at an early age are keys to reversing the trend of childhood obesity in America. For all of you parents out there who are looking for a more defined, step-by-step way to introduce your toddlers to healthy foods and cooking fun, you can always check out the Kitchen Club Kids® recipe-adventure storybooks. Each story introduces a real recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber. So, whether you’re reading with your child before mealtime or before bedtime, Kitchen Club Kids turns story time into a culinary, learning adventure.
Teaching your children how to cook is a lifetime skill that can be perfected well into adulthood! It’s never too early to start eating healthy and thinking about healthy food choices. Make it part of your daily life.
Kitchen Club Kids, Healthy Eating, Recipes for Kids, Fun Kitchen Activities for Children!