Kitchen Club Kids® Hearty Beef Veggie Soup
Get the kids involved at an early age, and start cooking up a healthy appreciation for the foods they eat!
Here are some great ideas to keep your little one engaged in the kitchen while you both prepare Kitchen Club Kids® Hearty Beef Veggie Soup:
- Talk about the color of the bell pepper, onion and lemon. Find other colors that match the color of the vegetables. Talk about the texture, shape and smell of the vegetables. Ask them to describe what they are experiencing.
- For older kids, practice spelling the name of each vegetable out loud.
- Count the number of vegetables used in the recipe before cutting/prepping.
- See if they can identify other utensils needed to make the dish.
- Talk about where vegetables come from.
- Parsley is a herb and can be grown in a home garden or found at a farmer’s market
- Lemons on a tree
- Child can gather ingredients to help prep for the recipe, help squeeze lemon for the juice, rinse and dry the garbanzo beans.
- With adult supervision, older child may stir dish while it cooks.
- Taste final product and talk about texture, flavor and healthy benefits of the vegetables and herbs used.
Rediscovering our kitchens and introducing healthy foods at an early age are keys to reversing the trend of childhood obesity in America. For all of you parents out there who are looking for a more defined, step-by-step way to introduce your toddlers to healthy foods and cooking fun, you can always check out the Kitchen Club Kids® recipe-adventure storybooks. Each story introduces a real recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber. So, whether you’re reading with your child before mealtime or before bedtime, Kitchen Club Kids turns story time into a culinary, learning adventure.
Teaching your children how to cook is a lifetime skill that can be perfected well into adulthood! It’s never too early to start eating healthy and thinking about healthy food choices. Make it part of your daily life.
Kitchen Club Kids, Healthy Eating, Recipes for Kids, Fun Kitchen Activities for Children!