Kitchen Club Kids® Confetti Pasta Salad
♥ Recipe from Marianne featured in St. Louis Magazine’s Bento Box Challenge.
Get the kids involved in the kitchen at an early age, and start cooking up a healthy appreciation for the foods they eat!
Here are some great ideas to keep your little one engaged in the kitchen while you both prepare Kitchen Club Kids® Confetti Pasta Salad:
- Count all the different vegetables in the recipe. Add them up and test their math skills.
- See if child can name each vegetable and identify the colors.
- See if your child can find similar colors in and around the kitchen.
- Use your senses to explore the different smells, tastes and textures of the lemon, basil, green onions and honey. Which one is tart, which one is sweet? What does each ingredient smell like?
- With adult supervision, let the child add the different ingredients that make up the pasta salad. They can carefully mix everything with a spoon or hands.
- Let child whisk and pour the different ingredients to make the dressing.
- Make sure you taste the different veggies along the way! Are they crunchy? Are they chewy?
Rediscovering our kitchens and introducing healthy foods at an early age are keys to reversing the trend of childhood obesity in America. For all of you parents out there who are looking for a more defined, step-by-step way to introduce your toddlers to healthy foods and cooking fun, you can always check out the Kitchen Club Kids® recipe-adventure storybooks. Each story introduces a real recipe that can be prepared in the kitchen by cooks of any caliber. So, whether you’re reading with your child before mealtime or before bedtime, Kitchen Club Kids turns story time into a culinary, learning adventure.
Teaching your children how to cook is a lifetime skill that can be perfected well into adulthood! It’s never too early to start eating healthy and thinking about healthy food choices. Make it part of your daily life.
Kitchen Club Kids, Healthy Eating, Recipes for Kids, Fun Kitchen Activities for Children!