- 1 lbs. of fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 pint of fresh raspberries
- 2 pints of fresh blueberries
- 2 pints of fresh blackberries
- Juice of 1 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
In a small bowl, whisk together the juice from the lemon and oranges with the honey. Combine until the honey is well mixed into citrus juices.
Wash and pat dry the strawberries. Slice strawberries and add to a serving bowl. Next, add the blueberries, blackberries and raspberries to the bowl.
Pour juice mixture over the fruit. Add in torn mint leaves. Serve immediately.
Recipe Activities for Kids
- Help wash strawberries and blueberries and pat dry them
- Add fruit to bowl and pull mint leaves off of stem
- Help gently toss fruit salad before it is ready to eat
- Help put citrus dressing over fruit and add mint leaves before serving salad
- Identify each ingredient by name
- Talk about the colors of each ingredient and final product
- Name all the colors they see when making recipe
- Ask child if they can spy some other items in the kitchen that are the same color of the ingredients you're using
- Work on basic spelling skills
- Ask what letter each ingredient begins with
- Work on basic counting skills
- Ask child to help count the number of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries that make up 1 pint and 1 lb. (as recipe calls for)