- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter or any nut butter
Toppings, such as:
- Crunchy cereal (Grape Nuts)
- Dried fruit
- Chocolate chips
- Shredded coconut
Split the banana in half lengthwise.
Spread each half (or boat) with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
Top with cereal, fruit, nuts, etc. of your choice. Drizzle with a touch of honey.
Kitchen Activities for Budding Chefs
- Bananas area a great way to practice knife skills. Introduce your child to a plastic knife and how to cut a banana. Let them try slicing the banana in half.
- Allow them to help spread the peanut butter or nut butter on the banana
- Together, help them sprinkle their choice of toppings on the banana.
- Taste your creation together and ask them what they think!
- Have your child practice peeling and slicing the banana independently with a plastic or butter knife.
- Allow them to spread and decorate their banana boats independently
- If using chocolate chips or M&Ms, they can practice counting and sorting by color.
- When the recipe is ready, ask them what they loved most about creating the dish!