Now you can prepare Garden Safari Vegetable Soup using your Instant Pot for a quick and easy meal any night of the week!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 3 small blue (or red) potatoes cubed
- 4 stalks of celery, sliced
- 5 carrots, peeled and diced (may substitute 20-25 baby carrots, sliced)
- 5 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced (may substitute a 14 ½ oz can of diced tomatoes)
- 7 cups chicken broth (may substitute vegetable broth)
- 8 tablespoons brown rice (1/2 cup)
- 9 fresh basil leaves, chopped (may substitute 1 ½ t. dried basil)
Instant Pot Directions:
Set the Instant Pot to "sauté". When hot, pour the olive oil into the pot and add the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes. Cook about 4 -5 minutes, until the onion becomes transparent. Add in the broth and diced tomatoes. Stir to mix well.
Press “cancel” to turn off the Instant Pot. Put the lid on, making sure that the valve on top is set to “sealing”.
Cook at high pressure (“manual” function) for 20 minutes. When ready, allow natural pressure release for at least 10 minutes before a quick pressure release to completely depressurize (until floating valve drops).
Carefully open the Instant Pot, stir in the chopped basil.
Serve hot with a sprinkle of Parmsean cheese and crusty bread (optional).