- 2 packages instant chocolate pudding
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Gummy worms
- 8 small (3”) terra cotta flower pots (hand washed and dried overnight)
- 8 mint sprigs
Prepare the chocolate pudding according package directions.
Using a standing mixer, whisk the heavy cream and powdered sugar for about 3-5 minutes until it thickens to the consistency of whipped cream.
Using a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate pudding.
To assemble the flower pots, place the cleaned pots on a baking sheet. Place a whole Oreo or other sandwich cooking into the bottom of each pot to plug the hole.
Fill each pot with the pudding mixture, adding 2-3 gummy worms as you go and make sure they are covered.
Using a food processor, crush the remaining chocolate cookies so that the crumbs are the consistency of dirt.
Top each pot with cookie crumbs, mounding slightly in the center.
Garnish with a sprig of mint in the center of each pot.
Serve with spoons and listen for the giggles!
Kitchen Activities for Budding ChefsLittle Chef
- Working together, ask your child to help wash the flower pots for the recipe.
- Allow your child to help place a whole cooking into the bottom of the cleaned/dried pots.
- With adult supervision, ask your child to help prepare the chocolate pudding. Give a little taste to make sure it is just right!
- Together, have them help hide the gummy worms as you work to fill each pot with pudding.
- Have your child help top each flower pot with the cookie "dirt" and place a fresh mint leaf for the finishing touch.
- Allow your child to help prepare the chocolate pudding from start to finish.
- With adult supervision, introduce a standing mixer and have them help make the whipped cream mixture.
- Have your child use a spatula and carefully combine the whipped cream with the chocolate pudding.
- Ask your child to place a cookie into the bottom of each pot and start to fill each one with the pudding mixture. They can also help hide the gummy worms as they layer in the pudding.
- Introduce a food processor and have them create the cookie crumbs.
- Allow you child to top each flower pot with the "dirt" and decorate with mint leaves before serving.