- 1 lb. fresh large/extra-large strawberries (washed, pat dried)
- 6 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of milk chocolate chips
Using a microwave safe bowl, place white chocolate chips in the bowl and microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds. Stir and continue to cook at the 50% power in increments of 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Be sure to stir each time you remove the chocolate from the microwave.
Repeat the first step using a new microwave safe bowl and the milk chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Hold strawberry by green part and dip strawberry into white chocolate, coating the strawberry about half way up. Let excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Place dipped fruit on parchment paper. Repeat this step with the milk chocolate until all strawberries are coated.
Chill strawberries for 15-20 minutes. Remove and enjoy.
Note: Do not store strawberries in refrigerator for more than 1 hour as condensation may develop.
Makes approximately 15-20 strawberries, depending on size.
Kitchen Activities for Budding Chefs
- When you are ready to make this recipe, have your kitchen helper place the strawberries in a colander and gently rinse under cold water. Then help to spread them in a single layer on a clean kitchen towel. Have them gently pat dry them.
- Have your child help measure out the two types of chocolate into two separate bowls. Practice counting 1-10 with the chips. Be sure to taste a few along the way!
- Have your little chef dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate bowls. Let them get creative with the design (i.e. make a pattern).
- After the strawberries have chilled and are ready to eat, enjoy them together!
- For the older kids:
- Practice counting 1-20 or higher with the chocolate chips. See if they can count by 10s up to 100.
- With some adult supervision, let them help melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir each bowl until you reach the desired consistency